World Kidney Day is a global campaign aimed at raising awareness of the importance of our kidneys.
Across the globe many awareness events will be taking place to raise awareness about preventive behaviours, awareness about risk factors, and awareness about how to live with a kidney disease. We do this because we want kidney health for all.
Objectives of World Kidney Day:
– Raise awareness about our “amazing kidneys” Highlight that diabetes and high blood pressure are key risk factors for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
– Encourage systematic screening of all patients with diabetes and hypertension for CKD.
– Encourage preventive behaviours.
– Educate all medical professionals about their key role in detecting and reducing the risk of CKD, particularly in high risk populations.
– Stress the important role of local and national health authorities in controlling the CKD epidemic. On World Kidney Day all governments are encouraged to take action and invest in further kidney screening.
– Encourage Transplantation as a best-outcome option for kidney failure, and the act of organ donation as a life-saving initiative.
#worldkidneyday #wkd #kidneyhealth #kidneyhealthforall #chronickidneydisease #ckd